Full-time PhD student (2023-2025)
Education / Academic qualification:
- 2010 – 2014: Westminster International University in Tashkent, BSc Economics with Finance
- 2014 – 2017: Kiel University, Germany. MSc Quantitative Economics
- 2023 – present: Westminster International University in Tashkent, PhD Researcher in Statistics and Econometrics
- 2017 — 2019: Wayfair GmbH, Germany, Pricing Analyst
- 2019 — 2020: MisterSpex GmbH, Germany, Data Analyst
- 2020 — 2023: Westminster International University in Tashkent, Associate Lecturer and Module leader (Data Analytics
- Data Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science
The title of the dissertation is “Bootstrap confidence intervals for linear models”
Bootstrap is a resampling method very often used to create confidence intervals for a specific statistic. Bootstrap does not require any distribution assumptions about the data which is its biggest advantage over traditional approaches (e.g. CLT).
In this study, we implement bootstrap as an alternative approach to estimating confidence interval of coefficients of linear models. We employ different types of bootstrapping technique under different model specifications and sample size.
As we need to know the true coefficients, we carry out our study by simulating data.
- Rakhimova, N., Rakhimov, Z., Mansurova N. (2022) Analysis of Tourism potential of Samarkand region. Ekonomika i Finansi, 6(154)
Conference Participations, Scientific Talks:
- Rakhimov, Z. (2023). Simulation Study on double bootstrap confidence intervals in linear models: case of severe outliers. Great Silk Road: Opportunities and/or Challenges for the Development of Eurasia
- Rakhimova, N., Rakhimov, Z. (2022). Demand for sustainable tourism. International Conference dedicated to the memory of the founder of Samarkand school of economics Abdukarimov, p. 67-71
- Rakhimova, N., Rakhimov, Z. (2022). Recovery of tourism industry: pandemic and ecology issues. The International Scientific Online Conference: Intercultural Communication and Tourism, p. 11-17